Mark Karau lives, breathes, works and dreams with two-wheels. From shop rat to Single Speed World Champs, you’ll find his dark gritty passion for cycling entertaining and inspiring.
- Hometown: Yellowknife, Northwest Territories, Canada
- Career Highlights: Racing the ‘A’ race at Single Speed Cyclocross World Championships
- First Bike: 2006 Specialized Rockhopper Comp
- Most Memorable Moment: Riding the North Shore for the first time after reading about it and watching edits filmed on it for over ten years.
- Favorite Place to Ride: Mt Tzouhalem, Duncan, BC
- Favorite Type of Terrain: The trails that don’t show up on Trailforks.
- What I like about KORE: Reliable, uptodate parts that don’t break the bank
- If I weren’t an athlete, I’d be: Since I grew up in a mining town, if I wasn’t an athlete… I’d probably be rolling coal.
- Where I see myself in 10 years: Philosophising and riding bikes with the homies